Saturday, February 27, 2010

cowboy cookies

I made the cowboy cookies from 'vegan cookies invade your cookie jar'! They are so good!
The first batch I made with almonds, 60% chocolate from LIDL, and desiccated coconut, I didn't have ground flax seeds so i liquidised some golden linseeds with the soy milk, and it did turn to a gel like liquid as described in the book. The cookies turned out delicious, if a little dense.

                                                       Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar: 100 Dairy-Free Recipes for Everyone's Favorite Treats

The second batch was made as the 'cowgirl cookie' variation, and i replaced 1/4 cup milk and 1tblsp ground flax seeds with 1 egg. The cookies are even more delicious, a little crunchier and lighter.

I've given loads of them away, to friends, and P brought some into work, and the rest are in my cake tin. I hadn't heard of cowboy cookies before, they are my new favourites. Next time I'm going to try freeze some of the dough, so i can make them fresh really quickly, when I have guests.

Other news, Emm is standing up on her own! And teething worse than ever, the poor mite!

2 comments:

  1. Those sound yummy, any chance of a full recipe?? Also, I think linseeds and flax seeds are the same thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there would be copyright issues if I published a recipe from a book! I also think they are the same, but I recently saw packets of linseeds and flax seeds in a shop, the lin seeds were paler in colour, but all the nutritional values on the back of the pack were the same!

    ReplyDelete